image

Candy apple red with blue/green pearl in first coat of clear

image

Clear was sanded and buffed/polished

I started with Nevada Silver base, then applied SG-100 intercoat with candy apple red concentrate. The first coat of clear had blue/green pearl and was finished off with two coats of clear.

image

Now comes days off sanding and buffing.

image

image

The carpet and interior stripped for installation of new. As with most areas of this Vette work which had been done previously sucked. Seat belt apparatus had loose bolts or missing bolts. The subwoofer was mounted in a dangerous way which put stress on the window area of the body. If the owner of the vehicle had to hit the brakes hard, she would be wearing the 40 lb subwoofer and then be hit with the rear window in the back of the head since it was not sealed. Oh well, it will be installed properly now.

image

The bad condition of the rear compartment hatch. It’s cleaned up now.

image

New interior ready to be installed. Finished photos coming next post.

image

image

In this shot you can see the purple and green pearl. The two white rectangles are formed by reflection.

image

This is a close up of the candy and pearl.

image

This shows the purple pearl and candy reflecting the silver base.

The Corvette is painted but it is not what I wanted in the end. I was not sent enough of the blender/mid-coat to make the candy as dark as it needs to be so I used over reduced clear but could only use so much and had to stop. Adding more candy concentrate was not the answer since it can lead to streaking, etc. I was not given enough clear so had to purchase more clear to try to make it work.

image

The pearl was the wrong color, as was the candy, which I tried to make work. It looks OK but not what it was supposed to be. I can and will make it right but need a couple days away from this car to regroup.

image

image

Masking paper and tape didn’t seem necessary for the person who paint this car previously. Once again as many times before on this job, I spent considerable time cleaning this up.

image

This car is finally ready for final masking a painting.

It’s a hitch but I have been very sick the last week which has slowed me down big time. I have been showing up for work at my full time job every day and then coming home and doing as much as I could on the Vette. The very warm days we have had in the Okanagan the last couple of months have not made this task any easier. Feeling a bit better now, exhausted, but working my way back to normal.

image

Painted the hood indentations since it would so hard to get the even effect of the Candy while painting the body. It would end up darker in these areas if I did not do this.

image

Once again painted the mirrors since I will be able to concentrate on the smooth effect of the candy on the body rather than playing around with these during the final paint.

image

Inside the door.

image

Gas cap and lid were also painted.

image

Masked up and getting ready to paint inside the doors and areas which would be hard to paint the Candy while painting the body.

image

image

image

The drivers side seat was broken and needed to be repaired. The bolt pattern on the floor was Mickey Moused and was unsafe to put on the road. So I did it the right way.